Share the Joy

Дом на екипа, който превежда, популяризира и продуцира български художествени текстове в чужбина.

Re: Share the Joy

Postby Кал » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:09 am

Compelling Science Fiction, acceptance:

Dear Elena,

Thank you for submitting your short fiction "Two Moons" for consideration. We very much enjoyed your story, and would like to purchase publication rights from you! Within the next few weeks we'll be sending you a purchase agreement through "SignNow." After you review and sign the agreement, we'll send your payment and we will discuss any edits that may come up.

Right now the publication date is up in the air. We've had some disruptions due to COVID-19 and so we don't have a firm publication date, but we're aiming for end of April. I apologize for the fluid schedule. Please let me know if you have any questions at this point.

Take care,

Joe Stech
Editor
compellingsciencefiction.com

:) :) :)

Кал
Творчески директор

Has been thanked: 7202 times

Postby Кал » Fri May 15, 2020 10:07 am

Отзивче за The Kerezstury TVirs:

On Amazon, Amazon Customer wrote:Popov's "The Keresztury Virus" is a new kind of cyberpunk that makes go looking for his other writing.

Кал
Творчески директор

Postby Кал » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:14 am

Кал
Творчески директор

Postby Кал » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:20 am

PodCastle, personal rejection:

Dear Kalin,

Thank you for submitting "A Tale of Heroes and Villains" to PodCastle. It's an interesting story, but it didn't quite come together for us and we've decided to pass on it.

We appreciate your interest in our podcast; thanks again for giving us the chance to look at your story. We hope to see more of your work in the future.

Kind regards,

Emmalia Harrington
PodCastle
http://podcastle.org
Кал
Творчески директор

Postby Кал » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:56 pm

Jared Millet's Goodreads review of Compelling Science Fiction #15:

A great comeback for Compelling SF! A lot of good stories here, but my favorite is easily "Two Moons" by Elena Pavlova.
Кал
Творчески директор

Postby Кал » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:38 pm

Cosmic Roots and Eldritch Shores, personal rejection:

Hi Kaloyan. Thanks for your submission. We liked a lot about it but it didn't entirely work for us.
It does have a fun YA feel to it, but it needs a bit more work yet. Some of the dialogue is repetitive, and the wise-cracking demon is a bit stereotypical. We never learn the boy's name; he is referred to throughout as "'the boy" We'd like to see his character developed a bit. If he is skilled enough to call up the ruler of hell then he should have a bit more character and ability to vocalize in an intelligent way. And although the joke is that he's called up the ruler of hell just to destroy his school, it doesn't come off that strongly as a joke. Something more creative and interesting would hold the reader more strongly. The setting is not described, leaving the action to take place in a void. A good setting could add a lot to the atmosphere. If the book the boy is using is so inadequate, how could it have been used for a successful summoning? The ending felt a bit flat, and left no satisfying resolution.

If you wanted to revise with these points in mind we would be happy to consider this story again in a future submissions round.

Hi Kalin. We are very glad to receive work from writers in other languages, and are happy you have sent Kaloyan's story to us. We understand that the writers you translate for may not be able to communicate in English. But to accept a translated story, we would need to receive an email from the writer themselves, in their own language, stating they are giving the person they name permission to submit their story for them. Their letter would also have to state what arrangement for payment they wish. They could include a translation into English of their email.

Кал
Творчески директор

Postby Gev » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:38 pm

Scott H. Andrews wrote:Thanks very much for sending this story to _Beneath Ceaseless Skies_.
I'm sorry it's not quite right for me. I liked the brooding feel that I
felt in the tone, and I liked the sense of detail of individual moments
and of the world; in most places, that sense of detail felt to me
balanced between giving some tactile or world information but not so
much that it slowed the pace, but in other places, things felt a bit
sparse to me or more quick or summary than I needed. I liked the
narrator's gumption and resourcefulness, although I had some moments of
confusion about the plot logic. I liked the escalation of suspense as
the narrator was trying to summon their wife and escape the sultan's
captivity, but the last paragraph felt to me more abrupt than I needed
in order for it to feel a satisfying conclusion, I think because it felt
to me like summary or incidental information rather than something that
had actually happened or not.

I appreciate your interest in our magazine. I hope you will feel free
to submit other work in the future.

Gev
Global Moderator

Has been thanked: 28 times

Postby Кал » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:19 pm

Escape Pod, personal rejection:

Dear Kalin,

Thank you for sending “Love in the Time of Con Crud” to Escape Pod. Unfortunately, this story wasn’t a good fit for us. Choosing stories is a subjective process, and we have to reject many well-written stories. Please note that we do not accept revised stories, but we wish you the best in finding this one a good home, and we look forward to your next submission.

We wouild also like to apologize for holding onto it for so long. We're still learning our new submissions software which meant a few stories got neglected this past spring.

This story was very well-received across our entire editorial team, and reached the final round of consideration. Very few submissions reach this stage, but we’re sad to say this piece wasn’t quite what we’re looking for right now.

Best Regards,
S.B. Divya & Mur Lafferty
Co-Editors, Escape Pod
http://escapepod.org
Кал
Творчески директор

Postby Кал » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:58 am

Fantasy & Science Fiction, personal rejection:

Dear Kalin,

Thank you for giving me a chance to read "The Golden Demon" by Yancho Cholakov. The beginning of this grabbed me and I liked the quality of the prose, but I wanted another layer to the characters earlier in the text and the ending didn't quite hit the mark for me. I'm going to pass on this story for Fantasy & Science Fiction, but I wish you best of luck finding the right market for it and hope that you'll keep us in mind in the future.

In the meantime, we all hope you are staying safe and healthy.

Best regards,

Charlie
--
C.C. Finlay, Editor
Fantasy & Science Fiction
fandsf.com | @fandsf
Кал
Творчески директор

Previous

Return to Фантазийска преводаческа школа